The Ford Mobility Motoring Program provides up to $1,000 financial assistance toward the exact cost of adding adaptive equipment to a new Ford, or Lincoln car, van, or light truck, and up to $200 on alerting devices for hearing impairments, lumbar seats, and running boards.
- Any person or family member with a permanent physical disability or impairment. The person must be a licensed driver or qualified buyer.
- Ford Motor Company factory options are not eligible for reimbursement.
- Equipment without clear definition of need will require original medical documentation clearly detailing the permanent physical disability or impairment from a licensed or accredited medical professional.
- Any questions regarding eligibility should be directed to Program Headquarters.
- Call the Ford Mobility Motoring Program 800 line or visit your local Ford, Lincoln, or Mercury dealer for program details. A personalized Claim Form, which will be used to complete the reimbursement, will be sent out by Program Headquarters.
- Purchase or lease the desired new Ford or Lincoln vehicle and initiate the conversion work.
- Once the adaptive work is complete, the installer must complete their portion of the Claim Form, then the customer returns to the selling dealer for a check issued on-the-spot for up to $1000 toward the exact cost of the conversion, and up to $200 toward the exact cost of alerting devices, lumbar seats and running boards. (Total reimbursement not to exceed $1000.)
- Note: Customer has 1 year from purchase date to begin the adaptive work and an additional year to apply for the reimbursement.
PIECES OF THE PUZZLE
- Adaptive equipment is defined as any device that makes it easier for persons with disabilities to drive or to be transported in a vehicle. Equipment without clear definition of need, such as alerting devices, lumbar seats, swivel seats, pedal extensions, and running boards, will require original documentation, clearly detailing the physical disability or permanent impairment, prepared by a licensed or certified medical or medical-related professional.
- Options available for factory installation such as air conditioning, running boards, lumbar support, and power windows are not considered eligible under the terms of the program.
*Certain restrictions may apply. See dealer for complete details.